First Gas Limited owns and operates New Zealand’s high pressure gas transmission system, which transports natural gas from Taranaki to industrial consumers throughout the North Island. Our transmission assets span more than 2,200 kilometres, include numerous compressor stations and an underground gas storage site. These are collectively valued at more than $1.4 billion. Supplementing its transmission system, First Gas owns gas distribution networks that supply more than 60,000 North Island businesses and homes. First Gas’ assets provide essential and strategically important infrastructure that support the New Zealand economy, and we are committed to ensuring that our customers obtain maximum value from using our pipeline system.
First Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to inclusion and diversity. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce which reflects New Zealand’s society. This helps us create a culture which supports innovation by encouraging diversity of thought to come up with new ideas, make better decisions and ultimately become a more successful business.
About the role:
The role is based in New Plymouth in our Finance team. Reporting to the Management Accountant, the role will be responsible for the administration of the accounts payable process. The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for end to end accounts payable processing. This includes organising, planning and managing the accounts payable function to ensure all payment deadlines are met in a timely manner.
Key tasks include:
- Processing and payment of supplier invoices for weekly and monthly pay runs
- Resolving supplier invoice queries
- Resolving business queries in relation to Accounts Payable
- Managing the company credit card and expense claim processes and claims
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Opportunity to contribute to a newly created business focused on growth
- Opportunity for personal and career development to realise ambitious plans for system use and growth
- Work in a complex, challenging environment within a high performing team
- Build and deliver a strategic plan on an infrastructure of national importance
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven experience in Accounts Payable, ideally two or more years
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, especially Excel
- Exposure to various accounting ERP software, Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience will be an advantage
- Familiarity with GL account coding and cost centres
- Accurate and able to work to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills
- A willingness to help others and support the team
If this sounds like a business you want to contribute to and grow your career then please apply online.
Note: If you apply for this position via Seek you will receive a follow up email advising you that some additional information is required and providing a link to follow. The additional information required is the completion of the downloadable Application Form to be found at the bottom of the linked page.
Applications close: 28 September 2018, 5.00pm.