Job Title: Distribution Project Engineer
About the role:
The role is based in the Bay of Plenty within our Distribution team. First Gas Distribution operates in a rapidly transforming and growing sector, and particular skills are needed to manage multiple complex projects. As the business growth strategies are being realised, the complexity and tight timeframes are increasing. This role will manage multiple, and competing contractor management expectations, requiring extremely high communication and facilitation skills. Stakeholders include developers, local authorities, contractors, and internal and external parties. You will be required to apply engineering knowledge and experience, through tools and techniques, to meet the project’s requirements. Further, you will have leadership qualities to manage stakeholder expectations, whilst dealing with issues of compliance, risk and governance.
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in engineering or a related discipline
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project facilitation
- Proven experience with Gas Distribution systems
- Proven project management experience or deep understanding of the project management process
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
The successful applicant will have the ability to rapidly absorb and understand projects while liaising directly with multiple stakeholders, to ensure that the processes and systems are implemented in an accurate and timely manner within budget.
If this sounds like a role for you then please apply online at https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/job-seeker/job-detail/28422
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 24 February, 2017.