First Gas Limited owns and operates New Zealand’s high pressure gas transmission system, which transports natural gas from Taranaki to industrial consumers throughout the North Island. Our transmission assets span more than 2,200 kilometres and are valued at more than $1.4 billion. Supplementing its transmission system, First Gas owns gas distribution networks that supply more than 60,000 North Island businesses and homes. First Gas’ assets provide essential and strategically important infrastructure that support the New Zealand’s economy, and we are committed to ensuring that our customers obtain maximum value from using our transmission system.
About the role:
The role is based in Hamilton (or New Plymouth or Wellington for the right candidate)- the heart of the distribution network and largest customer base. Reporting to the Distribution Commercial Manager, this role will assist in establishing the metering branch of First Gas, as well as its ongoing performance.
This role will inform on strategy for metering. This includes the development of products and packages with key stakeholders, the approach for rolling out meters, and the development of pricing schedules. Working closely across the wider commercial, technical, marketing and service provider teams will be essential in delivering great results for First Gas and our customers.
The successful applicant will have a proactive approach to work, combined with strong analytic skills, excellent time management and a flexible mindset will be utilised to ensure that the distribution business is supported as required within the metering branch, and across all commercial activities. Above all else, you will want to be part of a tight-knit team that encourages trying new things, challenging the norm, thinking outside the box, and showing initiative.
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunity to contribute to a newly created business focused on grow
- Opportunity for personal and career development to realise ambitious plans for system use and growth
- Work in a complex, challenging environment within a high performing team
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other teams
- A relevant tertiary qualification or experience in business/finance, law, or engineering or a related discipline
- Ability to be autonomous and self-motivating
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability to develop analysis that drives decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage internal stakeholders
- Strategic thinking and planning and ability to identify opportunities to add value to First Gas
- High level of computer and software literacy, particularly advanced Excel skill
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and energy markets is preferred
- Desire to be flexible, try new things, and take on challenges
If this sounds like a role for you then please apply online.
Note: If you apply for this position via Seek you will receive a follow up email advising you that some additional information is required and providing a link to follow. The additional information required is the completion of the downloadable Application Form to be found at the bottom of the linked page.
Applications close: 7 September 2018, 5.00pm.