Pipeline Easement Permits

You must obtain a Pipeline Easement Permit for all works within a pipeline easement or in the road reserve near a high pressure transmission pipeline. The types of work that require a permit include:

  • All excavation works
  • Logging and tree felling
  • Seismic surveys
  • Laying or working on other services
  • Construction of roads and tracks
  • Removing or increasing soil cover
  • Under-boring/Directional drilling
  • Blasting
  • Building construction
  • Operating heavy machinery or vehicles
  • Fencing
  • Planting
  • Deep ripping
  • Drain clearing and construction

We will meet you on site to locate and identify the pipeline, and then issue you with a permit. We require at least two working days’ notice. To arrange for your pipelines location and permit, or if you have any questions about transmission pipeline easements, contact us on 0800 800 393 or locations@firstgas.co.nz.