Website First Gas
Are you a mechanical engineer ready to coach and mentor a high-performing team delivering infrastructure of national importance?
Do you want to position your career in a fast growing, future-focused company?
Are you sick of sitting in traffic?
Do you dream of having a relaxed lifestyle with 10-minute commutes?
Well, this New Plymouth-based position could be just what your 15 years plus of technical experience has prepared you for!
First Gas Limited owns and operates New Zealand’s high-pressure gas transmission system, which transports natural gas from Taranaki to industrial consumers throughout the North Island. Our transmission assets span more than 2,200 kilometres, include numerous compressor stations and an underground gas storage site. These are collectively valued at more than $1 billion. Supplementing its transmission system, First Gas owns gas distribution networks that supply more than 60,000 North Island businesses and homes. First Gas’ assets provide essential and strategically important infrastructure that support the New Zealand economy, and we are committed to ensuring that our customers obtain maximum value from using our pipeline system.
First Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to inclusion and diversity. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce which reflects New Zealand’s society. This will enable a culture that supports innovation by encouraging diversity of thought to come up with new ideas, make better decisions and ultimately grow and evolve as a business.
About the role:
The Senior Pipeline Engineer is based in New Plymouth in our Engineering Team. With the support of the Engineering Manager, the Senior Pipeline Engineer is responsible for providing proactive mentoring to the Pipeline Engineering Team. This role also provides effective engineering and technical expertise to ensure pipelines are maintained to appropriate industry standards and good practices, as well as assisting with third-party Pipeline Integrity Services.
As the Senior Pipeline Engineer, you will have at least 15 years of technical experience under your belt, and you will be passionate about mentoring and coaching employees. You’ll be excited at the prospect of working within an incredibly supportive environment in a forward-thinking, growing company.
You will have:
- Mechanical Engineering Qualification
- In-depth experience and knowledge of pipeline systems
- Experience mentoring/leading technical professionals
- Experience in maintaining, implementing and commissioning pipelines in the field
- Ability to design pipelines following AS2885 suite of standards or other similar international pipeline standards
- In-depth knowledge of pipeline defect assessment methodologies i.e. ASME B31G, DNV-RP-F101, API 579, RStreng, Direct Assessment
- Ability to accurately assess the impacts of proposed modifications and identify associated implementation risks
- Ability to define, review and approve technical pipeline design proposals
- Able to provide technical advice and demonstrate practical skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Opportunity to contribute to a newly created business focused on growth
- Opportunity for personal and career development to realise ambitious plans for system use and growth
- Work in a complex, challenging environment within a high performing team
- Build and deliver a strategic plan on an infrastructure of national importance
If this sounds like a business you want to contribute to and grow your career then please apply online.
Note: If you apply for this position via Seek you will receive a follow-up email advising you that some additional information is required and providing a link to follow. The additional information required is the completion of the downloadable Application Form to be found at the bottom of the linked page.
Contact Kate Bridgeman at Strategy Collective for a confidential discussion via 06 759 7044.
Applications close: Friday 8 March 2019 5:00 pm
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/50165/desc/
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.co.nz.