If a gas pipeline easement is registered on your property title there are conditions associated with the easement including what you can and cannot do in the pipeline easement area.
This will include the requirement to seek prior written approval from First Gas for the following activities:
- Any excavation works
- Landscaping, levelling or contouring, including removing or increasing soil cover
- Use of explosives including seismic surveys
- Laying or working on other services including under-boring/directional drilling
- Drain clearing and construction
- Construction of roads and tracks
- Fencing installation or replacement
- Building construction
- Using heavy machinery or transporting heavy loads
- Planting or removal of trees and scrubs including logging
- Deep ripping or deep cultivation (below 300mm)
- Storing material or erecting structures
- Use of vibrating machinery
To help you stay safe we will meet you on site to locate and identify the pipeline, and then issue you with a permit. We require at least two working days‚Äô notice. This service is FREE of charge for all landholders although some cost may apply for larger works associated with subdivisions. Penalties may apply for undertaking work on the gas pipeline easement without prior approval.
To arrange for your pipelines location and permit, or if you have any questions about transmission pipeline easements, contact us on 0800 FIRST GAS (0800 347 784) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.