First Gas owns and operates more than 2,500 kms of high pressure gas transmission pipelines and stations that supply natural gas from Taranaki to industrial consumers throughout the North Island.
As we are the sole provider of this transmission infrastructure, we are regulated by the Commerce Commission under Part 4 of the Commerce Act 1986. We are subject to:
- Price-quality path regulation, which sets the prices we can charge and the level of service we must provide our customers; and
- Information disclosure requirements, which requires us to publish information about our financial and non-financial performance.
The following documents demonstrate our compliance with the regulatory regime and are required to be disclosed annually:
- Asset management plan
- Transmission access code
- Standard transmission contracts
- Capital contribution policy
- Peak flows and capacity
- Information disclosure
- Price-quality path compliance statements
- Pricing methodology
- Contract disclosure
For the period up to 30 September 2017, First Gas is required to provide separate disclosures and compliance statements for the Maui and Non-Maui transmission pipelines. From 1 October 2017, we will be publishing consolidated material for the transmission network.
Asset management plan
Our asset management plan sets out how First Gas intends to manage our transmission network to meet customer gas demands over the next ten years.
- Gas Asset Management Plan 2016
- Maui Transitional Asset Management Plan 2015
- Maui Asset Management Plan 2014
- Maui Asset Management Plan 2013
Transmission access code
Our transmission access codes set out the terms and conditions for accessing the First Gas transmission pipelines.
First Gas is currently working with the Gas Industry Company to establish a single access code for the transmission network. For further information on this work, click here.
Pricing schedules for the year beginning 1 October.
- Non-Maui Transmission Prices 2016/17
- Maui Transmission Prices 2016/17
- Maui Transmission Prices 2015/16
- Maui Transmission Prices 2014/15
- Maui Transmission Prices 2013/14
- Maui Transmission Prices 2012/13
Standard transmission contracts
Information on our standard contracting arrangements for the gas transmission network.
Capital contribution policy
Our capital contribution policy sets out the costs for parties looking to connect to our gas transmission network.
Peak flows and capacity
First Gas is required to provide information annually on the peak flows, gas transmission capacity, and capacity reservations on our gas transmission network.
- Maui and Non-Maui Capacity Disclosure 2015/16
- Maui and Non-Maui Peak Flow Disclosure 2016
- Maui Peak Flow Disclosure 2015
- Maui Capacity Disclosure 2015
- Maui Capacity Disclosure 2014
- Maui Peak Flow Disclosure 2014
- Maui Capacity disclosure 2013
- Maui Peak Flow Disclosure 2013
- Maui Transitional Capacity Disclosure 2013
- Maui Peak Flow Disclosure 2012
- Maui Capacity disclosure 2011
- Maui Capacity disclosure 2010
First Gas is required to publish annual performance information on its transmission network, covering matters such as measures of quality, prices, financial information, and forecasts of future expenditure (including planned investment).
- Maui Information Disclosure 2016
- Non-Maui Information Disclosure 2015/16
- Maui Information Disclosure 2015
- Non-Maui Information Disclosure 2014/15
- Maui Information Disclosure 2014
- Maui Information Disclosure 2013
- Maui Information Disclosure 2012
- Maui Information Disclosure 2011
- Maui Information Disclosure 2010
Price-quality path compliance statements
First Gas is subject to a default price-quality path (DPP) under Part 4 of the Commerce Act. The DPP sets a revenue cap for our transmission business and determines the service quality standard we must meet across our network. The following documents show our compliance with this regulatory regime.
- Non-Maui Price-Quality Path Compliance Statement 2016
- Maui Price-Quality Path Compliance Statement 2015/16
- Maui Price-Quality Path Compliance Statement 2014/15
- Maui Price-Quality Path Compliance Statement 2013/14
Our pricing methodology sets out how First Gas allocates costs and sets prices for our transmission network.
- Non-Maui Pricing Methodology 2016
- Maui Pricing Methodology 2016
- Maui Pricing Methodology 2015
- Maui Pricing Methodology 2014
- Maui Pricing Methodology 2013
- Maui Pricing Methodology 2012
Information on our standard and non-standard arrangements for the gas transmission network.
Regulation of the gas market
For further information on regulation under Part 4 of the Commerce Act 1986, please visit the Commerce Commission website here.
Market and access arrangements in the gas industry are regulated by the Gas Industry Company (GIC). More information on the GIC is available here.
For more information regarding regulation of our gas transmission business, please contact our regulatory team.