If you hit a gas pipe, smell or hear gas escaping:
- Switch off all machinery and remove all sources of ignition, including mobile phones.
- Move yourself and others to a safe location until you can no longer smell gas - at least 100 meters upwind from a transmission pipe.
- Report the emergency by calling us on one of the emergency numbers below.
- Call the fire service on 111 if you have any safety concerns.
- Do not return to the area until you are advised that it is safe to do so by Firstgas or by Emergency Services.
- Please report all damage no matter how minor.