Firstgas owns and operates more than 2,500 kms of high pressure gas transmission pipelines and stations that supply natural gas from Taranaki to consumers throughout the North Island.
As we are the sole provider of this transmission infrastructure, we are regulated by the Commerce Commission under Part 4 of the Commerce Act 1986.
We are subject to:
- Price-quality path regulation, which sets the prices we can charge and the level of service we must provide our customers; and
- Information disclosure requirements, which requires us to publish information about our financial and non-financial performance.
The following documents demonstrate our compliance with the regulatory regime and are required to be disclosed annually:
- Asset management plan
- Gas transmission code
- Standard transmission contracts
- Capital contribution policy
- Peak flows and capacity
- Information disclosure
- Price-quality path compliance statements
- Pricing methodology
- Contract disclosure