Our distribution network serves consumers across Northland, Waikato, the Central Plateau, Bay of Plenty, Gisborne and Kapiti.
As we are the sole provider of natural gas infrastructure in each of these regions with limited competition, we are regulated by the Commerce Commission under Part 4 of the Commerce Act 1986. We are subject to:
- Price-quality path regulation, which sets the prices we can charge and the level of service we must provide our customers; and
- Information disclosure requirements, which requires us to publish information about our financial and non-financial performance.
The following documents demonstrate our compliance with the regulatory regime and are required to be disclosed annually:
- Asset management plan
- Capital contribution policy
- Prescribed terms and conditions of contracts
- Information disclosure
- Price-quality path compliance statements
- Pricing methodology
Asset management plan
Our asset management plan sets out how First Gas intends to manage our distribution networks to meet customer gas demands over the next ten years.
- Gas Distribution Asset Management Plan Update 2019
- Gas Distribution Asset Management Plan 2018 – Summary
- Gas Distribution Asset Management Plan 2018 – Appendices
- Gas Distribution Asset Management Plan Update 2017
- Gas Distribution Asset Management Plan 2016
Pricing schedules for residential, commercial and industrial customers for the year beginning 1 October.
- Annual Price Review 2020
- Annual Price Review 2019
- Annual Price Review 2018
- Annual Price Review 2017
- Annual Price Review 2016
Capital contribution policy
Our capital contribution policy sets out the costs for customers and businesses looking to connect to our gas distribution networks.
Prescribed terms and conditions of contracts
Information on our standard and non-standard contracts for the gas distribution network.
We are currently working with retailers to develop a new use of system agreement. If you are a new retailer wanting to join our network, please contact the Distribution Commercial Manager at email@example.com or 04 830 5311
- Non-Standard contract disclosure 2018/19
- Non-standard contract disclosure 2017/18
- Non-standard Contract Disclosure 2016/17
- Draft Gas Use of System Agreement 2016
First Gas is required to publish annual performance information on its distribution network, covering matters such as measures of quality, prices, financial information, and forecasts of future expenditure (including planned investment).
- Gas Distribution Information Disclosure 2018/2019
- Gas Distribution Information Disclosure 2017/2018
- Gas Distribution Information Disclosures 2016/17
- Gas Distribution Information Disclosures 2015/16
- Gas Distribution Information Disclosures 2014/15
Price-quality path compliance statements
First Gas is subject to a default price-quality path (DPP) under Part 4 of the Commerce Act. The DPP sets the maximum average prices we can charge and sets the service quality standard we must meet across our distribution network. The following documents show our compliance with this regulatory requirement.
- Price-quality path compliance statement 2019
- Price-quality path compliance statement 2018
- Price-quality path compliance statement 2017
- Price-quality path compliance statement 2016
Our pricing methodology sets out how First Gas allocates costs and sets prices for customers served by our distribution networks.
- Pricing Methodology 2020
- Pricing Methodology 2019
- Pricing Methodology 2018
- Pricing Methodology 2017
- Pricing Methodology 2016
Regulation of gas market
For further information on regulation under Part 4 of the Commerce Act 1986, please visit the Commerce Commission website here.
Market and access arrangements in the gas industry are regulated by the Gas Industry Company (GIC). More information on the GIC is available on its website here.
For more information regarding regulation of our gas distribution business, please contact our regulatory team.